Easter is approaching my dears and this calls for a time of everything egg and bunny related and chocolate, lots of chocolate. However this recipe does not call for chocolate (unfortunately) but is rather a breakfast or brunch recipe. It also does not just have to be used for Easter but rather when ever.
Makes: 12 egg baskets
Prep + cook time: about 1 hour
- 12 holed cupcake/muffin pan
- 12 pieces of white bread
- 1 spring onion
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of chopped basil
- 12 eggs
- 6 pieces of prosciutto/ Parma ham
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4
- Chop the tomatoes in half and finely chop the spring onion and pour into a bowl with the basil and pour a generous amount of olive oil over and mix.
- Grease the cupcake pan with either butter or aerosol greasing spray.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Push the slices of bread into the holes in the pan and make sure that the bread is pushed all the way to the bottom to make a basket, bake for five minutes.
- Cut each piece of prosciutto/ Parma ham in half and lay in a cross in each hole, pour some of the tomato mix on top of the ham. Crack an egg into each basket and put into the oven for another 20 minutes or until the whites are cooked.
- Take out and serve fresh.
I love this recipe and although I’ve only used it twice both times where a success. I hope you enjoy this recipe and do send me pics of your recreations on my social media linked down below.
Have a lovely Easter and enjoy indulging yourselves in chocolate or if you are not religious or do not celebrate Easter enjoy your long weekend!